When it comes to pursuing a lucrative career, you first need to consider a number of points. The job market is quite depressed, which is the reason why it’s important that you choose a proper career path. Considering the current employment issues, many new students are not going for law schools. They think the tuition is quite high and finding a job will also be difficult. The reality is that if you pick one of the best law schools in Florida, you will always be able to get a satisfactory return on your investment. Here is a list of three of the best law schools in Florida.
- Master of Science in Law
- LLM in International Finance and Banking Law
- LLM in Technology and Intellectual Property Law
- LLM in International Business Law
Earn your degree online with Grand Canyon University. We offer approximately 100 bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs that can be completed 100% online. Degree programs are available in the fields of education, nursing and health sciences, business, fine arts and production, and liberal arts.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Legal Studies
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Pathway to Paralegal Postbaccalaureate Certificate
- BS in Paralegal Studies
- AAS in Paralegal Studies
- And more...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- Certificate: Paralegal (Legal Studies)
- A.S. in Legal Studies
- B.S. in Legal Studies
University of Florida Levin College of Law
Located in the town of Gainesville, the law schools can easily be ranked as one of the top law schools in Florida. It provides students with a chance to learn in a green, collegiate city, where the cost of living is not on the higher side. Due to the fee structure, curriculum and quality of life, the law school is an obvious first choice for most law students.
- Admissions and Tuition: Due to its low in-state tuition rates, the school is always the first choice for natives, which is the reason why over 80% of students are originally from Florida. Moreover, the school maintains a reputation of giving students a chance to graduate with less than $60,000 in debt. For the class of 2012, the median LSAT was 161, whereas the GPA was 3.67.
- Curriculum: It’s correct to call it a ‘top dog’, as it’s the only school in Florida that offers a Tax Law program. First year students are required to take certain courses, like torts, criminal law, constitutional law, civil procedure, property and legal research and writing.
- Diversity: In very few top law schools in Florida will you be able to find the racial and ethnic diversity that you will witness in the Levin College of Law. There are Asian-Americans, African-Americans, as well as Hispanic-Americans, along with several international students.
The Florida State University College of Law
It’s a public school in Tallahassee and offers students a chance to learn from experienced teachers in a collegial environment. By placing the emphasis on collaborating with students even outside the classroom, the college manages to help students grow in an effective way. At the same time, it is one of those top law schools in Florida that maintain a list of clinical programs and helps every student gain some degree of legal experience while taking classes. In terms of tuition, curriculum and quality of life, the Florida State College of Law is also quite impressive.
- Admissions and tuition: In 2012, the college received 2,500 applications, and the ones approved had the median LSAT score of 160 – the median GPA was 3.53. In terms of tuition fees, Florida residents are required to pay $19,731 and non-residents had to pay $39,744.
- Curriculum: It is one of the best Florida law schools in terms of curriculum. The emphasis in the first year is on doctrine, history, process and analysis, which will help students take specialized courses. During the second and third years, students can select courses out of an extensive list of 100 elective courses.
- Quality of Life: Due to the school’s location and the kind of environment in the school, students will get to enjoy high quality of life. It is one of those few Florida law schools that are in close proximity to lakes, beaches, golf courses, nature trails, and springs.
University of Miami School of Law
In the list of best law schools in Florida, you will also find the University Of Miami School Of Law. Located in Coral Gables, the school boasts an attractive campus in a beautiful subtropical environment. It was founded in 1926, whereas its first class graduated in 1929 – there were only 13 students in its very first class.
Here are some of the facts about this particular school.
- Admissions and Tuition: Though it has a slightly relaxed admission rate, the tuition fee is still quite high. It’s $39,948 a year; moreover, board and room require an additional $13,734.
- Curriculum and Courses: A comprehensive array of courses is available at the school. It has become possible for the school to offer an extensive curriculum selection only because of the size of the faculty. The list of courses includes Advanced Appellate Advocacy, Administrative Law, Advanced Immigration, Analysis of Evidence, Animal Law, Bankruptcy, Children and Youth Law, and Consumer Law with other courses that provide the grounding to practice law in a variety of areas, including business and taxation, corporate, and international.